- Day Trips: Payment in full is required to hold your reservation.
- Overnight Trips/Camps: A non-refundable deposit to hold your space, balance due 30 days prior to departure.
- All major credit cards are accepted. We cannot accept cash sorry.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- Day Trips: 100% refund up until 10 days prior to your departure date.
- Overnight Trips/Camps: deposits are non-refundable, balance due 30 days prior, all payments within 30 days are final.
- You may purchase CIEx Trip Insurance from us and receive a full refund for any reason at any time.
MINIMUMS TO RUN
Each trip has different minimum number of guests required to operate. If we cannot reach our minimum we cannot operated that trip as scheduled.
If your trip has not met its minimum we will let you know 3 days prior. At that time you have 3 options:
- Reschedule for another date.
- Cancel and get a refund.
- Call us when it’s close to your other reservation cancellation window and we’ll let you know if we’re a GO yet or not. We do not contact you when we are a GO, only when we are not.
CIEx Trip Insurance
100% refund for any reason!
$18.99 per person
You must purchase CIEx Trip Insurance at the time of booking to receive a full refund, for any reason up until day of departure. Same-day cancellations do not qualify for the CIEx Trip Insurance 100% refund. Insurance is applied per person.
WEATHER AT THE CHANNEL ISLANDS
Weather at the Channel Islands is complex because it is such a large area with a wide body of water separating two land areas.
Strong winds and/or very large swell are generally the conditions that force us to cancel trips.
We seldom have to cancel trips due to the weather during our peak season (May-November), but it does happen.
General weather forecasts do not predict the conditions that we’re monitoring for, we used advanced meteorological models. Some of these are very good at indicating unfavorable marine conditions far in advance… but not always.
We may make inclement weather cancellations up to three days in advance but most cancellations due to weather are made within 12 hours of departure. In some cases, we may need to cancel the morning of your trip.
- You will ALWAYS receive a FULL refund or credit for any weather cancellations prior to departure.