Booking Policies
Booking, Credits, Cancellations, Trip Minimums, Weather

Booking and Cancellation Policies
Day Trip Policies
Pending Orders:
- You can cancel at anytime and receive a full refund until we confirm your order.
- We may cancel at any time for any reason until we confirm your order.
Confirmed Orders:
- Full refund or credit 21 days or greater from departure!
- 20-8 days before your tour: Change to a different date or trip with no fees as long as your change doesn't affect our minimums.
- Refunds are available minus a 25% fee from 20-8 days from trip.
-- No refunds or credits within 7 days of your departure.--
** If we have to cancel for any reason, including weather, you’ll get FULL refund.**
Lodging/Airlines/Other Considerations:
We understand you may be booking other accommodations on your trip. If you have a cancellation window on your other accommodations that doesn't match with our policies, please call to discuss options. Thanks!
Private Charters
Day Charters
A contract will be sent with charter specifics. Once that has been agreed upon we require a $500 deposit to hold your dates.
Balance is due 30 days prior to charter date. If you are booking within 30 days or charter date, payment in full is required.

We aren't Pirates (despite our frequent jokes about pirates)!
Friendly Reservation Staff
We are adventure travelers just like you and we understand that things happen. Polices exist to keep things fair for other travelers and to keep our costs down. If you have an unexpected situation occur, reach out to us and we'll find a solution.

Marine Weather & Trip Cancellations
Marine weather at the Channel Islands can change quickly and can be very different from conditions on the mainland. Your safety is always our priority, and all trips are subject to suitable marine conditions.
Weather-related cancellations are uncommon during our peak season from May through November, but they do occasionally occur. Strong winds, hazardous sea conditions, and/or very large swell are the primary conditions that may require us to cancel a trip.
Rain alone is generally not a reason for cancellation. If rain is in the forecast but marine conditions remain safe, your trip will normally operate as scheduled. Please check the forecast and come prepared for the conditions.
How We Make Weather Decisions
General weather forecasts and weather apps don't always provide an accurate picture of conditions at the Channel Islands. We monitor specialized marine forecasts and meteorological models that focus on wind, swell, sea state, and other conditions that affect our vessels and kayaking operations.
These models can provide useful guidance several days in advance, but Channel Islands weather can change quickly and forecasts sometimes shift significantly as the departure date approaches.
When unfavorable conditions are clearly forecast, we may cancel a trip up to three days in advance. However, most weather-related cancellation decisions are made within 12 hours of departure, and occasionally a final decision cannot be made until the morning of your trip.
Conditions Can Change After Departure
Even when forecast conditions are favorable, the actual conditions offshore or at the islands can be different than predicted. Our captains and guides continually evaluate conditions throughout the trip.
If actual conditions are not suitable for a safe journey or safe kayaking, we may modify the itinerary, change the kayaking location, or turn the vessel around and return to the harbor.
Sea Cave Entry Is Not Guaranteed
Sea cave entry is never guaranteed. Conditions at individual caves can vary significantly and may change throughout the day due to swell, surge, wind, tides, and other factors. Our guides continually monitor conditions while on the water and determine which caves, if any, are appropriate to enter.
Our guides have the final authority on all sea cave entry decisions. If they determine that conditions do not permit safe entry into a particular cave—or any sea caves—the trip may continue with open-water, coastline, wildlife, or other kayaking experiences instead.
The inability to enter some or all sea caves does not constitute a trip cancellation and does not qualify for a refund or credit, provided the kayaking portion of the trip is able to take place.
Weather Cancellation Guarantee
If we cancel your trip because weather or marine conditions prevent the kayaking portion of your trip from safely taking place, you will always receive your choice of a full refund or full credit — including if the vessel departs but must turn around before kayaking begins.
Snorkeling is weather and conditions dependent and may be modified or canceled independently of the kayaking portion of the trip. Cancellation of snorkeling alone does not qualify the trip for a refund or credit.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding. Decisions about marine conditions are made with one goal in mind: providing a safe and enjoyable Channel Islands experience.



CIEx Trip Protect