The Fun Print
What your day looks like:
- Check-In: 7:45am
- Departure: 8:00am
- Marine Sanctuary Snorkeling Expedition starts: 10:00 am
- Return to Oxnard: 2:00 pm
- Back in Oxnard: By 4:00pm
All Snorkelers must also book the EPIC Anacapa – Boat Trip Only to participate. This will be added to your cart at checkout automatically. You an add additional non-snorkelers if you have members of your group that just want to join for the boat trip.
Your Expedition Vessel – SUNFISH
- 49 Passenger USCG Inspected Vessel
- Swim platform off the stern making entering and exiting the water easy for all ages.
- No food and beverage available for purchase while aboard, you must bring food and beverages. Small coolers are OK.
- Changing Room
- Destination: Anacapa Island
- Spend all day in Channel Islands National Park and National Marine Sanctuary
Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard CA
3600 Harbor Way
Oxnard, CA 93035
Local Restaurants & Lodging
Stay for a seafood dinner or drinks at the Marine Emporium after your trip. There are many restaurants right where the Sunfish picks you up and drops you off, some with harbor views.
Book a weekend visit! Stay at the Zachari Dunes on Mandalay Beach Resort-only a few minutes drive to the harbor. Right on the beach, this is an excellent place to relax after an adventurous day at Anacapa.
Must be comfortable swimming in water over your head
In order to keep this activity safe for everyone, we ask that you be comfortable swimming in the ocean.
Minimum Age is 7 years
Wild Blue (now Channel Islands Expeditions) featured in Living Local – a great look at an Anacapa Day Trip!
Frequently Asked Questions
All Paddlers must also book the EPIC Anacapa – Boat Trip along with this adventure. This will be added to your cart at checkout automatically. You can add additional non-snorkelers if you have members of your group that just want to join for the boat trip.
You need to be comfortable swimming in the ocean in water over your head.
We have single kayaks for those of you traveling solo or in odd number groups. Because of this, we don’t allow people to reserve single kayaks ahead of time.
Weather depending, the degree of difficulty is typically low, that’s why we allow 7- year old kids to join us on this trip. However, if we encounter substantial winds or swell, the difficulty level can increase. The Sunfish (our adventure support vessel) is always nearby and is able to assist with tired paddlers at any time.
This trip does not include landing or hiking on Anacapa. If you want to hike on the Channel Islands, we recommend that you book a 4-Day Expedition Trip with us! If you are interested in hiking specifically on Anacapa Island, we recommend contacting Island Packers. Based on the amount of time it takes to travel across the Santa Barbara Channel, kayaking is all we’ll have time to do in a day!
Yes, prices vary based on day of week and season. Please call or email with the dates you are interested in and we’ll get you a quote.
Scorpion Ranch is a beautiful area but very busy, our trips are small and intimate with a chance to see more, do more, and wait less!
- All CIEx kayaking trips are vessel-supported. Rather than launching and landing through surf at the Scorpion Ranch beach, all CIEx trips launch kayaks from our motherships with crew assistance from our accessible, water-level swim steps. On our trips, you paddle in one direction with the wind and get picked up at the end of your paddle by the mothership. You’ll have the support vessel nearby at all times to assist you if needed.
- You are our exclusive purpose. All CIEx kayak guests are here for the same reason… to kayak into sea caves! Scorpion Ranch trips require ferry transportation to get to the island paddling destination, which can result in wait times between activities.
- We paddle at areas where we barely encounter other boaters or visitors to the islands. This means less crowds and more wildlife. Scorpion Ranch is the most heavily-visited part of Channel Islands National Park – if you’re looking to get a more remote experience, join us!
Unfortunately no. We cannot pick up or drop off passengers at the Landing Cove at Anacapa. All of our paddlers need to board at Oxnard for the day. The best way to kayak Anacapa Island and see all of the amazing arches and tidepools is to have a support vessel like the Sunfish. We don’t recommend trying this on your own 🙂