Explore the World’s Largest Sea Caves + Snorkeling – Depart from Santa Barbara – All Inclusive
- Kayak into some of the largest and deepest sea caves on earth!
- Experience a remote wilderness area of the Channel Islands National Park.
- Highly trained guides and naturalists to share knowledge of the marine ecosystem and escort kayakers into the sea caves.
- All kayaking gear included.
Snorkel the Painted Cave Conservation Area
- Snorkeling gear and farmer john wetsuit included.
- Snorkel at the end of your kayak paddle from the kayaks.
- Guides will be with you on the water while snorkeling.
Downwind Kayaking Route
- Total Kayaking time: 2hr 30 min
- Active Kayaking time: 2 hrs
- Total mileage covered: 4.5 miles
- Snorkeling time allotted: 30 minutes or less
What your day looks like:
- Boarding Begins: 6:30 AM
- TRUTH Departs: 7:00 AM
- Kayaking into Painted Cave upon arrival at the island.
- Snorkeling in the Painted Cave conservation area
- Lunch on the Truth.
- Return to Santa Barbara Harbor: 5:30pm
- Lunch is included, breakfast is available for purchase at checkout or on the vessel.
You can add additional “non-paddlers” to the boat trip only if you would like.
Check-in at the Santa Barbara Landing and hop onto the Truth for the day. We take great care in making your journey comfortable.
Your Expedition Vessel – Truth
- 64′ USCG Inspected Vessel
- Bunks below deck for guest gear and napping
- Soda bar, hot beverages (coffee and tea) all day
- Destination: Painted Cave region of west Santa Cruz Island
- Spend all day in Channel Islands National Park and National Marine Sanctuary
Santa Barbara Landing – Santa Barbara Harbor
301 West Cabrillo Blvd
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Frequently Asked Questions
We own and operate a custom expedition vessel fleet, boat transportation is an element of our trip you don’t have to worry about!
The minimum age on this trip is 12.
Our age limits are for your safety and enjoyment.
Yes, you must know how to swim to participate in this tour.
No, but you will need to select a single kayak at check-out for the solo or odd person in your group.
Yes, prices vary based on day of week and season. Please call or email with the dates you are interested in and we’ll get you a quote.
100% refund up until 10 days prior to departure.
Protect your trip with day prior to departure cancellation for $8.99/person by purchasing CIEx Trip Insurance at the time of booking.