Sunfish Charter Highlights
An EPIC Ocean Expedition – Close to Los Angeles (60 minutes from Santa Monica)
- Non-landing private charter to Anacapa Island.
- EPIC Sea Cave Kayaking and Snorkeling w/ guides.
- Whales and dolphins on the channel crossing.
- Get close to the Anacapa Arch and see the historic lighthouse.
- Sea lions at the islands.
- View a wide variety of birds on one of the largest nesting colonies on the planet for pelicans and gulls.
The Fun Print
What your day looks like:
- Check-In: 7:45am
- Departure: 8:00am
- Whale Watching on return to Oxnard: By 4:00pm
Your Expedition Vessel – SUNFISH
- 49 Passenger USCG Inspected Vessel
- Swim platform off the stern making entering and exiting the kayaks easy for all ages.
- No food and beverage available
- Destination: Anacapa Island
- Spend all day in Channel Islands National Park and National Marine Sanctuary
Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard CA
3600 Harbor Way
Oxnard, CA 93035
Local Restaurants & Lodging
Stay for a seafood dinner or drinks at the Marine Emporium after your trip. There are many restaurants right where the Sunfish picks you up and drops you off, some with harbor views.
Book a weekend visit! Stay at the Zachari Dunes on Mandalay Beach Resort-only a few minutes drive to the harbor. Right on the beach, this is an excellent place to relax after an adventurous day at Anacapa.
Wild Blue (now Channel Islands Expeditions) featured in Living Local – a great look at an Anacapa Day Trip!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, both are included on the day charters along with wetsuits for snorkeling.
This trip does not include landing or hiking on Anacapa. If you want to hike on the Channel Islands, we recommend that you book a 4-Day Expedition Trip with us! If you are interested in hiking specifically on Anacapa Island, we recommend contacting Island Packers. Based on the amount of time it takes to travel across the Santa Barbara Channel, kayaking is all we’ll have time to do in a day!
Scorpion Ranch is a beautiful area but very busy, our trips are small and intimate with a chance to see more, do more, and wait less!
- All CIEx kayaking trips are vessel-supported. Rather than launching and landing through surf at the Scorpion Ranch beach, all CIEx trips launch kayaks from our motherships with crew assistance from our accessible, water-level swim steps. On our trips, you paddle in one direction with the wind and get picked up at the end of your paddle by the mothership. You’ll have the support vessel nearby at all times to assist you if needed.
- You are our exclusive purpose. All CIEx kayak guests are here for the same reason… to kayak into sea caves! Scorpion Ranch trips require ferry transportation to get to the island paddling destination, which can result in wait times between activities.
- We paddle at areas where we barely encounter other boaters or visitors to the islands. This means less crowds and more wildlife. Scorpion Ranch is the most heavily-visited part of Channel Islands National Park – if you’re looking to get a more remote experience, join us!
All kayaking gear, wetsuits for snorkeling, snorkel gear, and guides.
No, we do not have a galley on the SUNFISH so you must bring your own food and beverages.