Select your trip dates
Discover Diving at Santa Cruz Island on this beginner friendly dive trip.
- Departure Harbor: Santa Barbara Landing in the Santa Barbara Harbor.
- Destination: Santa Cruz Island
- Check-In: 7:30 pm
- Briefing: 9:00 pm
- Dives: 4 dives per day plus an optional night dive
- Return to Santa Barbara: 5:00 pm on final day of trip
Meet your crew at the Santa Barbara Landing in the Santa Barbara Harbor (at 301 West Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, CA).
You will board at 7:30 pm to load gear and check in with our crew. A mandatory briefing will occur at 9:00 pm, and all loading of personal items should be completed before then. All guests must be present for the briefing. The dive deck may be available for passengers to load gear earlier in the day. After the briefing, and once the manifest has been signed, passengers are not allowed to leave the vessel.
Once the mandatory briefing has occurred, we respectfully request that all passengers remain onboard even though we may remain at the dock for longer.
2 Dive Days
We’ll be diving at spectacular locations at Santa Cruz Island.
We will dive multiple sites, including MPAs (Marine Protected Areas). Dives will be relatively shallow and appropriate for all dive levels.
We may stay at the same dive site for multiple dives. Gates will remain open for longer and the pace will be more relaxed.
Spearfishing is allowed, but this is not a hunting focused trip. If you are looking for a hunting centered trip, our Northern Islands Three Dive Day is a great choice
Estimated return time to Santa Barbara Harbor is 5:00 pm
Night Dive Policies
- In order for us to set up a night dive, at least 4 divers who wish to participate are required.
- A primary and secondary light must be in working condition to enter the water, no exceptions.
- All tanks must have a beacon or chemical glow stick attached during the dive.
- No scooters on night dives.
- Divers must dive in pairs (buddy diving).
Organic Produce from Tutti Frutti Farms
We source most of our produce from the local farmer’s markets on Tuesdays and Saturdays in order to serve a seasonal, fresh, and healthy menu.
We can accommodate the following diets and ALL severe food allergies:
- Gluten Free (we do not provide gluten free bread)
If you have any severe food allergies, please inform us at least 7 days prior to departure so our galley can plan correctly. Thank you.
Channel Islands Expeditions employs world-class chefs with decades of experience. Learn more about what to expect from our galley chefs.
Dive Club Wholesale Pricing
We provide excellent deals for dive clubs/shops/agencies looking to finish an Open Water or Advanced course on a liveaboard vessel.
- Bulk ticket sales
- Discounts start at 2 spots
- Free instructor spots
Please share some more information so that we can be in touch with the best pricing for your needs. Thank you.
Frequently Asked Questions
The minimum age is 12 years.
Each person is assigned one bunk.
This is a beginner focused trip.
This trip does not include landing or hiking on Santa Cruz Island. If you want to hike on the Channel Islands, we recommend that you book a 4-Day Expedition Trip with us! Because you are not paying a National Park entrance fee, you cannot take advantage of the National Park’s terrestrial areas.
Nitrox is $75/day for unlimitted fills (go home with a full tank).
A great question that we’re happy to answer in more detail.
- The western islands of the Northern Channel Islands are more than 80 nautical miles from Santa Barbara Harbor. This is a great deal of fuel, much more than the eastern islands from Ventura and Oxnard.
- We pay our captains and crew enough to make a living doing this.
- Maintaining boats has always been expensive, but if you’ve been to the hardware store lately, you’ll agree that things are more expensive now than ever before. Imagine what that means for boat parts!
- We have increased the quality of our food and accommodations so that you can expect a world class experience on all trips!
-Tanner Keys | Google
-Mark R. | Yelp
-David C. | Yelp
-Chuyên L. | Yelp
-John S. | Yelp
Recently went on a 5 night, 6 day liveaboard trip off the Truth. The crew and captains were all very nice and welcoming. The boat has great safety protocols to ensure us divers were safe throughout the entirety of this trip. Chef Tim was fantastic! I have never had better quality food on a boat trip, and he has definitely set the bar high. We had amazing homemade dishes almost every meal, he had vegetarian and vegan options as well. I would 100% recommend this boat to anyone interested in planning a multi-day dive trip to the Channel Islands.
-Jill D. | Yelp
We had a wonderful time kayaking through the sea caves and Anacapa Arch. All the on board staff were excellent. We will definitely come back and do a different tour with them.
-Jen Y. | Yelp
-Allyson Arons | TripAdvisor
-Tad | TripAdvisor
-Alicia | TripAdvisor
-Denise W | TripAdvisor